Everest base camp is a renowned trekking destination, lies in the Khumbu region of Nepal. Khumbu region which is also known as the “Home of Sherpa”, the famous ethnic group known for their special characteristics for survival in higher elevation. Everest base camp trek is filled with high mountains, glaciers, rivers. this trek is also an opportunity to know about Sherpa people, culture, traditions along with high altitude flora and fauna.
The most common and popular way to start Everest base camp is to fly to Lukla airport, which is also known as Tenjin-Hillary airport. Normally, from Lukla, it takes 8 days to reach Everest base camp including two days’ acclimatization day on the way up. The trek goes via Namche bazaar which is famously known as Sherpa Capital, Tengboche which is famous for its monastery. takes normally 3-4 days to come down to Lukla to fly out.
Highlights of the Everest base camp trek
- Heritage sightseeing around Kathmandu valley.
- Scenic flight to Lukla airport.
- Sherpa culture and tradition
- Tengboche Monastery
- View of high mountains, rivers, and vegetation.
- The trip landmark ” Everest base camp” and view from Kala Patthar
- Khumbu Glacier
- Sherpa villages like Namche bazaar, Pangboche, Dingboche etc.
- Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu
- Day 2: Kathmandu City Sightseeing Tour
- Day 3: Fly to lukla and trek to Phakding
- Day 4: Trek to Namche bazaar
- Day 5: Acclimatization day at Namche
- Day 6: Trek to Tengboche
- Day 7: Trek to Dingboche
- Day 8: Acclimatization day at Dingboche
- Day 9: Trek to Lobuche
- Day 10: Gorekshep and detour to Everest base camp
- Day 11: Morning climb to kala Patthar and back to Pheriche
- Day 12: Descend to Namche
- Day 13: Trek down lukla
- Day 14: Fly back to Kathmandu
- Day 15: Final departure
Trip cost includes: –
- Pick up and drop to airport transportation
- 3 nights’ hotel in a deluxe room in the city
- Guide for city tour
- Domestic flight from Kathmandu to Lukla and Lukla to Kathmandu.
- All required permits for trek
- Professional mountain/ Trekking guide
- Guide and porter their insurance, meals, salary, and accommodation during the trek
- Meals on full board during the trek (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- Best available accommodation during the trek
- Farewell dinner
Cost doesn’t include
- International airfare
- Visa fee
- Wi-Fi, battery charging, hot shower
- Bottled water, sweets, and bar bill
- Your travel and health insurance
- Gratitude for guide and porters
- Your personal expenses and those not mentioned in the cost included section.
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking trip
- Travelers with physical issues or senior citizens are requested to consult properly beforehand to book the trip so that we can provide the extra arrangements or other provisions before depart to trekking.
- We take single person booking as well however, it is a subject to pay extra for the single supplement as our costs are based on a minimum of 2 people.
- We also provide trekking equipment like a down jacket, a sleeping bag which will be cost $ 4 dollars per day.
- please inquire more for details and for Trip customization.
•For the cancellation of the trip and refund please let us know 48 hours prior.
Post Views: 218